Tag Archives: Parents
Google Docs is an online file-syncing tool/service, which recently rebranded itself as Google Drive
- Easy acces to shared files& Easy file sharing (photos,videos, documents,etc.)
- Share documents to other users
- Allows to prepare,share and analyse online surveys
- Large storage space for starters (15GB).
- Everyone (teachers,studends, proffessionals, etc)
PRECONDITIONS – FOR USING
- Download application to your tablet pc, phone or pc(free)
- Create a Google account(free)
- Stable internet connection for fast synchronice.
GoAnimate enables users to create animated films and then publish them on the Internet.
- The application offers an friendly and familiar way to pupils and students to express their thoughts
- Free users can create films with less options than the paid version of the app
Google Maps uses the power of the Google search engine to enhance the standard online maps application. Google Maps is the only site surveyed that readily allows users to search by keyword for points of interest, and its mapping service allows users to refine searches interactively. As a bonus, the site uses images from the popular Google Earth application to provide optional satellite views of locations around the globe. This is also the best site for viewing international online maps because it does not require complete address information. Google Maps is the easiest site to search for well-known locations like the Eiffel Tower by name.
- Easy to access to everyone, gives information for most locations.
- None, but if someone wants to save a map has to create a google account.
Edmodo is regarded as a social networking site for teachers and students. It provides a free and secure social learning space for a class to connect and collaborate. Teachers and students can post messages, discuss topics, assign and grade class work, and share digital content such as links, pictures, videos, documents and presentations.
The Edmodo website is actually very similar to the layout and functionality of Facebook , which immediately makes it familiar to most students. Accessible online and from any mobile device via free smart phone applications, Edmodo really does help promote anytime, anyplace learning.
- Its layout, similar to Facebook, creates a familiar environment to most users
- Is free to use and contains no advertising
- It provides a secure learning environment protected by built-in privacy controls
- Teachers can post messages for their students and students can post to the group
- Teachers and students can share content and materials including web links and videos
- Post classroom assignments, encourage discussions and track progress online
- Teachers can also grade assignments online providing convenient feedback
- Enables teachers to network with other teachers to share ideas and resources
- Users can connect via mobile smart phones and be updated with the latest posts
- It has a calendar feature which helps track assignments and events
- There can be co-teachers within a group which is great if you co-teach a class
- An account must be created with the distinction between teacher or student.
- Edmodo will provide a code to teachers to use it for creating groups.
- Students can join the groups without providing their email address only by entering the code number given by their teacher.
Khan Academy is a website where you can learn, or simply refresh your learning, in dozens of subjects, from algebra to economics to art history, it’s easily one of the most useful, educational, and eye-opening places online to learn. It offers a wide range of videos provided by instructors who are experts in their field of knowledge.
- Enrolled users can also access a “coaching” feature. Coaches are guides for learners, whether a parent, teacher, tutor, or study buddy. A coach can see a learner’s progress and suggest other lessons the learner should watch. Coaches and learners must mutually agree to the relationship, so there’s no worry that some unknown person will be able to see what you’re learning.
- Many subjects are available also in other languages than English.
- Effective online learning
- None, you can visit the website without signing up if desired so.
Mind42 is a collaborative browser-based mind mapping tool. The name refers to two concepts: 42 is the “answer to life” in the popular science fiction novel, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy; and it also stands for “For Two” – signifying the collaborative nature of the application. The application is a very useful image based tool for brainstorming by arranging ideas in a tree diagram. The online component allows for collaboration that is not limited by geographic location.
- Free to use.
- Anyone who wishes to work through a problem alone or with any number of partners can benefit from Mind42.
- The ability to use a visual representative to assist with brainstorming and problem solving is useful in classrooms, corporations, or personal life.
- Registration requires a username, password, and email address.
- A confirmation email with activation link is sent to the provided address.
LinkedIn is a social network site with a business orientation. One can add one’s CV to one’s profile, as well as one’s recommendations by other LinkedIn members, one’s skills that can be endorsed by other LinkedIn members and one’s auto-description and contact data.
LinkedIn is a great place to keep in contact with other professionals, to discuss on specific topics with professionals in discussion groups and to contact yet unknown professionals. One’s network and (endorsed) data function as a foundation for one’s credibility. Therefore, headhunters, future employers and new meeting partners check unknown individuals by default on LinkedIn.
A vanity functionality is the option to check who has visited one’s profile. This can be the starting point of a new professional contact. Although LinkedIn can be used to get access to new networks, it is advisable to employ certain discretion when contacting vaguely known individuals in order not to be seen as a lurker or worse.
• Massive reach
• Professional image
• Professional auto-presentation
• Background check on individuals
• Create a LinkedIn account
• Add data and keep them up to date – which can be time consuming