Slideshare SlideShare is a platform that allows clients to upload and share presentations, documents, videos, and webinars, both publicly and privately. Users have the ability to tag, review, rate, comment on, download, and embed content. Analytics and tracking features include the ability to view company, location, referrers, search keywords, performance measurements for Facebook and Twitter, and alerts when links are opened (Pro version).
- Easy to use
- Easy to share presentation content and connect with audiences beyond those who attended a presentation in person.
- Interaction with Linkedin
- Everyone (teachers, studends, proffessionals, parents, etc)
PRECONDITIONS – FOR USING
- Create a Slideshare account(free)
- Login with Linkedin or Facebook account
Tag Archives: Education trainers network
Edmodo is regarded as a social networking site for teachers and students. It provides a free and secure social learning space for a class to connect and collaborate. Teachers and students can post messages, discuss topics, assign and grade class work, and share digital content such as links, pictures, videos, documents and presentations.
The Edmodo website is actually very similar to the layout and functionality of Facebook , which immediately makes it familiar to most students. Accessible online and from any mobile device via free smart phone applications, Edmodo really does help promote anytime, anyplace learning.
- Its layout, similar to Facebook, creates a familiar environment to most users
- Is free to use and contains no advertising
- It provides a secure learning environment protected by built-in privacy controls
- Teachers can post messages for their students and students can post to the group
- Teachers and students can share content and materials including web links and videos
- Post classroom assignments, encourage discussions and track progress online
- Teachers can also grade assignments online providing convenient feedback
- Enables teachers to network with other teachers to share ideas and resources
- Users can connect via mobile smart phones and be updated with the latest posts
- It has a calendar feature which helps track assignments and events
- There can be co-teachers within a group which is great if you co-teach a class
- An account must be created with the distinction between teacher or student.
- Edmodo will provide a code to teachers to use it for creating groups.
- Students can join the groups without providing their email address only by entering the code number given by their teacher.
Khan Academy is a website where you can learn, or simply refresh your learning, in dozens of subjects, from algebra to economics to art history, it’s easily one of the most useful, educational, and eye-opening places online to learn. It offers a wide range of videos provided by instructors who are experts in their field of knowledge.
- Enrolled users can also access a “coaching” feature. Coaches are guides for learners, whether a parent, teacher, tutor, or study buddy. A coach can see a learner’s progress and suggest other lessons the learner should watch. Coaches and learners must mutually agree to the relationship, so there’s no worry that some unknown person will be able to see what you’re learning.
- Many subjects are available also in other languages than English.
- Effective online learning
- None, you can visit the website without signing up if desired so.
LinkedIn is a social network site with a business orientation. One can add one’s CV to one’s profile, as well as one’s recommendations by other LinkedIn members, one’s skills that can be endorsed by other LinkedIn members and one’s auto-description and contact data.
LinkedIn is a great place to keep in contact with other professionals, to discuss on specific topics with professionals in discussion groups and to contact yet unknown professionals. One’s network and (endorsed) data function as a foundation for one’s credibility. Therefore, headhunters, future employers and new meeting partners check unknown individuals by default on LinkedIn.
A vanity functionality is the option to check who has visited one’s profile. This can be the starting point of a new professional contact. Although LinkedIn can be used to get access to new networks, it is advisable to employ certain discretion when contacting vaguely known individuals in order not to be seen as a lurker or worse.
• Massive reach
• Professional image
• Professional auto-presentation
• Background check on individuals
• Create a LinkedIn account
• Add data and keep them up to date – which can be time consuming
Screenr is a device that allows one to record what is happening on one’s computer screen. One needs to select an area on one’s screen to record. And one needs a microphone to simultaneously add one’s comment to the recording.
Screenr does not offer the option to edit the recording after it has been created. The maximum recording time is 5 minutes. All screencasts are public by default.
• Very easy to use
• Easily embedable, easily uploadable to YouTube
• Instruction videos
• Create a Twitter account
Vimeo is a video platform where all can upload their videos. There is a catch, though: “By submitting a video, you grant Vimeo and its affiliates a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created), and make derivative works from your video for the purpose of (i) displaying the video within the Vimeo Service; (ii) displaying the video on third party websites and applications through a video embed or Vimeo’s API subject to your video privacy choices; (iii) allowing other users to play, download, and embed on third party websites the video, subject to your video privacy choices; (iii) promoting the Vimeo Service, provided that you have made the video publicly available; and (iv) archiving or preserving the video for disputes, legal proceedings, or investigations.” (Terms of Service, article 9.1)
Vimeo allows for users to comment on videos and to embed videos on third party sites (such as WordPress). The person who uploads the video decides on whether and how to make these options available. This person also decides who is allowed to view the video (Anyone, only me, only people I follow, Only people I choose, Only people with a password, Hide this video from Vimeo.com).
• Easily embedable
• Cooler, hipper option
• Design triggers more focus on the content
• Flip the classroom
• Info videos
PRECONDITIONS – TO ADD CONTENT
• Create a Vimeo account
YouTube is a video platform where all can upload their videos. There is a catch, though: “by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.” (Terms, art. 6C)
YouTube allows for users to comment on videos, to embed videos on third party sites (such as WordPress), for users to add it to their playlists and to give the videos thumbs up or down.
YouTube offers for those who upload videos the option to publish them for all to see or keep them private and only allow viewing by those who get sent an invitation link. Under specific conditions one can alo earn money with one’s uploaded videos. The default maximum length of an uploaded video is 15 minutes.
- Enormous audience – more than 1 billion unique users every 30 days
- Easily embedable
- Flip the classroom
PRECONDITIONS – TO ADD CONTENT
- Create a YouTube or Google account